Lead nurturing is a very important process in sales as it brand loyalty and trust. However, some businesses fail to take action to nurture the leads as it can be time consuming.
The process of nurturing leads used to be a very manual process. Businesses would send out newsletters through post or have their customer data tabulated and stored in excel sheets. As technology evolved, companies started using the internet to generate leads and then be nurtured and followed-up through emails, WhatsApp, calls, etc. Customer data is automatically arranged and stored systematically for businesses’ convenience.
Lead nurturing is just as important as lead generation, but for many businesses, there is a major imbalance. Research shows that less than 4% of leads you capture will make an immediate purchase with you. Are you content to let the other 96% go? You shouldn’t be!
Here are some modern day technologies that has helped many in the process of nurturing leads!
1. Call tracking solution
Call tracking is one of the most effective ways to track the ROI of your advertisement campaigns. It involves tracking the date and time of a phone call made by a potential customer as a result of clicking on a website or an ad. This technology also allows you to track where the calls came from and how long they lasted.
Furthermore, you’re able to see which keywords, ads and campaigns are driving phone calls to your business. With real time business intelligence on internal systems and processes, it enables you to make better informed decisions on the go.
At SalesJourney360, our call tracking solution also sends you an instant SMS or email when you missed a call from a potential customer. It records every call so you know exactly what your customers are saying. Most importantly, it ensures that the business never misses or wastes an inbound call lead.
2. Chatbot AI
Modern technology has made it easier for businesses to nurture their audience with more subtle techniques. A great example is WhatsApp chatbot. By implementing a chatbot, you can engage with your leads without having to spend hours upon hours reaching out to each of them. Instead, you can automate the process and let your chatbot take care of all the hard work for you.
Imagine this scenario: A lead sees your ad on Facebook, clicks onto your call-to-action (CTA) and submits a form on your landing page. This automatically triggers the WhatsApp chatbot to greet your lead as a form of initiating a conversation. As the WhatsApp chatbot converses with the lead, certain questions that are customisable to your liking would then be asked to prompt the lead towards purchasing. When a purchase intent is detected, the conversation will be passed on to your sales representative(s) to close the deal.
This scenario allows you to stay on top of leads, even those that aren’t quite ready to purchase yet. In addition to that, this allows you to save resources and free up your time so you can focus on growing your business.
3. Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Today, customer relationship management software gives you the ability to nurture and qualify leads in a timely manner.
Before CRM, many companies had staff members who were dedicated to lead nurturing and qualifying. Those staff members would spend hours on the phone each day making sure their leads were properly serviced. This was very expensive for companies but was necessary.
However, CRM these days usually refers to a tool that helps with contact management, sales management, productivity, and more. A CRM solution helps you focus on your organisation’s relationships with your customers — throughout your lifecycle with them, including finding new customers, winning their business, and providing support and additional services throughout the relationship.
Furthermore, A CRM tool also lets you store customer contact information, identify sales opportunities, record service issues, and manage marketing campaigns, all in one central location. It acts as a central point of data truth as it allows anyone at your company to access it when needed (but with different level of user authority though!).
With visibility and easy access to these data, it’s easier to collaborate and increase productivity internally. Everyone in your company can see how customers have been communicated with, what they’ve bought, when they last purchased, what they paid, and so much more. CRM can help companies of all sizes drive business growth, and it can be especially beneficial to small businesses, where teams often need to find ways to do more with less.
Stay on top of the ladder in your industry!
In the end, lead nurturing will continue to evolve as technology advances. It’s important for businesses to stay at the leading edge in this area to constantly improve and scale the business. The time and effort invested now into optimising your lead nurturing process will go a long way in increasing sales.