Google has since sunsetted the Google AdWords API on the 27th of April 2022 and has replaced it with the Google Ads API.
In the case you are confused by the technical jargon, an API is used by developers (in this case, AVANSER) to trigger a data push from the AVANSER database over to your Google Ads account. This allows you and your team to easily track which of your Google Ads campaigns are driving results and to get an accurate ROAS. Not to worry, the data push is one-way and there is no extraction of data from your Google account into AVANSER.
What does this change mean for you? If you have been running or would like to run ad campaigns on Google, you will need to use the new Google Ads API to integrate your AVANSER data with your Google Ads. The new Google Ads API acts as the link between Google and AVANSER.
To successfully integrate, Google now requires clients to have two things:
- a Google Ads Manager account
- a developer token (provided by AVANSER)
Read on to find out how to proceed.
I do not have a Google Ads Manager account
If you do not yet have a Google Ads Manager account, you may first create one here.
I already have a Google Ads Manager account
Awesome, let’s begin the integration process! Kindly drop an email to our support team at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Route Name – This can be set as AVANSER Call Tracking, the name of the adsource or any others depending on what you wish to put as the name.
- Your Google Ads ID – This is the 10-digit account ID (not username or password) of the account used to run ads.
- Your Manager Account ID – This is another 10-digit account ID. This account should have access to the Google Ads account mentioned above AND is only used as an admin for said account. Previously, for the AdWords API, this ID was not required. Again, because Google has required the integration to now use the Ads API (with the AdWords API being deprecated and no longer supported), AVANSER is now requesting this ID so that any data collected can be pushed to your Google Ads account.
- Authorisation Code – This is a code that must be generated from a link sent by the AVANSER Support Team and has a time limit of 10 minutes. Hence, we will be in contact to arrange for an online meeting or a call to run this step of the integration process. A quick note, Google will prompt you, asking that you allow access to AVANSER, this “access” is only for AVANSER to create a link to Google Ads for us to push data into your account. AVANSER WILL NOT have any access to extract any data from your Google Ads Account mentioned above or any other Google Ads Account under the above Manager Account.
- As a precaution, we will also need the name of the conversion action that you had set during the ads setup phase. Bear in mind that each tracking number can be linked to only one conversion action name for Google Ads.
Ready to streamline your campaign results and track conversions accurately without needing to fumble between platforms? Whether you have all, some, or none of the necessary information listed above, contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re more than happy to help!
We hope that the integration of AVANSER and Google Ads will make it easier for you and your team to track the performance of your marketing efforts in real-time so you can optimise your ROAS and scale continuously.